Hours:8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Telephone:604-899-6854 1-800-373-6393 (toll free across Canada)
Contact the BC Securities Commission (BCSC) for information about advisors, investment firms, and Canadian companies. You can also contact us to report investment fraud.
BCSC Inquiries staff can help you:
- Check if your investment advisor is registered
- Identify the self-regulatory organization responsible for overseeing an investment firm
- Research a public or private company
- Understand cease trade orders or other administrative sanctions imposed by the BCSC
- Determine if old stock certificates have value
- Register a complaint about a company or individual within the BCSC's jurisdiction
If you suspect someone has approached you, your family, or your friends with an investment scam, or you feel you may have been the victim of an investment scheme, you should report it. Without your assistance, scam artists remain free, continuing to take advantage of others. You can also report anonymously, by using the InvestRight Report a scam web form.
BC SECURITIES COMMISSION
Report Investment Fraud info sheet (8.5" x 11")
Report Investment Fraud poster (11" x 17")